Approximate distances from Lavina, Montana to other Montana cities and points of interest are as follows:
Red Lodge, MT
T.C. Power, one of the Territory’s best-known pioneers, was well-established in both Billings and Fort Benton. Realizing the need to connect the railroad between his holdings in both towns, Power organized the Billings-Benton Stage Company, the first north-south line to carry mail on coaches. In 1882, about midway on the stage line along the Musselshell River, Walter Burke, who worked for T.C. Power & Bro., decided that this would be an ideal site for a stage stop, which was built, along with stage stables, mess house, bunk, a store, and a saloon. Burke named the area Lavina in memory of a former sweetheart, not his wife. Lavina was a hub of activity. However, with the arrival of the Milwaukee Road in 1907, surveyors of the railroad chose a new town site a mile downstream. A few months later on February 16, 1908, the first passenger train went past “Old Lavina” and made its stop at the new depot in what would now be called Lavina. The new town was incorporated in 1920.
OFFERING PRICE and CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All offers to purchase must be in writing and accompanied by an earnest money deposit check in the amount of 5.00% of the Purchaser’s offering price;
- Earnest money deposits will be placed in escrow with First Montana Title Company of Billings, Montana;
- All Purchasers must demonstrate to the Seller’s satisfaction unquestioned financial capability to purchase the Ranch prior to scheduling an inspection;
- The Sellers will provide and pay for a standard owner’s title insurance policy. Any endorsements requested by the Buyer or any lender will be at Buyer’s expense. Title to the real property will be conveyed via a deed;
- All of the water right claims controlled by the Ranch will be transferred to the Buyer at Closing, and all of the mineral rights which the Seller actually owns will be conveyed to the Buyer at Closing;
- Buyers’ Brokers Are Welcome and Cordially Invited to Contact David Lowry For Information Regarding Cooperation Policies and Commission Splits.