Currently Operated as a Dude Ranch
The bountiful elk herds in the area often find protection on the Ranch and frequent the hay meadows and the Brackett Creek bottom. Located in Hunting District 393, according to the Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks, the Ranch is in a general tag area providing an easier opportunity to access both bull elk and buck deer tags.
The Ranch, which encompasses approximately 970± deeded acres, is generally comprised of the following acreage classifications:
800± Acres of Mountain and Timbered Pasture
160± Acres of Riparian Bottom and Hay Ground
10± Acres of Improvements
The main lodge was built in 2000 and consists of four bedrooms and four full bathrooms on the main level with an expansive living room/dining room area. The wood-burning fireplace, which is constructed in native Montana stone, is the centerpiece of the living room area. The commercial kitchen is fully functional and adjoins the dining room area. The lodge is designated as a commercial building and is licensed accordingly. The full basement consists of two bedrooms that share a full bathroom and a second “common” bathroom. The basement space has a nice-sized living room area. The pantry, linen closet and laundry/storage room are in the basement as well.
Two Guest Cabins
5 Domestic and/or Lawn and Garden
1 Power Generation
1 Fishing and Wildlife
The taxes on the real estate and improvements for 2021 were approximately $13,500.00.
Since the 1930s, the Ranch has operated as a guest ranch and horsemanship operation providing an unrivaled horseback riding and western-flare experience in an iconic location. The historic guest cabins and structures, of which many have been refurbished, remain in operation today and provide a glimpse into the storied history of the Ranch. Attractive live-water mountain properties with enough scale to provide a sense of privacy and place are difficult to obtain in today’s active real estate market. Located in one of Southwest Montana’s most highly sought after and least developed areas, the Leffingwell Ranch is a tremendous opportunity to acquire a sizable holding with an unparalleled simplicity of ownership and enjoyment.
OFFERING PRICE AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Leffingwell Ranch, as previously described herein, is offered for sale at $13,000,000 cash or terms acceptable solely at the discretion of the Seller. The conditions of sale are as follows:
- All Prospective Buyers must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Seller’s absolute financial capability to purchase the Ranch prior to scheduling an inspection of the Ranch;
- An earnest money deposit in the amount of 3.00% of the purchase price will be due upon completion of a fully executed contract, and all earnest money deposits will be held in escrow by Security Title Company in Livingston, Montana;
- The Seller will provide and pay for a standard owner’s title insurance policy. Any endorsements requested by the Buyer or any lender will be at Buyer’s expense. Title to the real property will be conveyed by a deed;
- All water right claims controlled by the Ranch will be transferred to the Buyer at Closing, and all of the mineral rights which the Seller actually owns will be conveyed to the Buyer at Closing;
- Buyers’ Brokers are welcomed and invited to contact listing broker Mike Swan in our Bozeman Office for information regarding Cooperation Policies.
TERMS OF INSPECTION
Please submit your email to receive access to media downloads.
Michael S. Swan
ELK RIDGE RANCH
- 13,250 Total
LIVINGSTON PEAK RANCH
- 6,901 Total
OWL CANYON RANCH
- 1,862 Deeded
McGuire Spring Creek Ranch
- 3,843 Deeded