SCHRAUDNER RANCH | New Listing
- Total Ranch Offered at $4,900,000
- Home Ranch Offered at $1,895,000
- Frye Place Offered at $2,250,000
- Broadview Grass Unit Offered at $900,000
- Approximately 6,904± Deeded Acres Plus 320 Acres of State Lease
- Available As A Whole Or As Individual Parcels
All three parcels of the Ranch can be purchased separately. The Ranch has rolling timber-covered grassland coulees, native rangeland pastures fenced for efficient rotational grazing, and dry cropland. The Home Ranch contains the dryland hay ground, which is currently seeded into a grass-alfalfa
mix, generally providing enough winter feed for the cattle. Aside from supplementing with some caking, minerals and occasionally purchasing some hay, the Ranch is self-sufficient. The Sellers seldom had to purchase additional hay. The Ranch is capable of running 275± mother cows/calves, 30-50 replacements and 12-15 bulls.
The Home Ranch, which has been in the Schraudner family since the 1800s, consists of 2,422± deeded acres. The Frye Place, which was acquired in the 1960s, consists of 2,717± deeded acres. The Frye Place acreage stretches out into the Bull Mountains offering excellent grass, good big-game hunting, plentiful stock water, Painted Robe Creek running the length of the property, and an artesian and solar well. It is an easy 8-mile trail to move cattle between the Home Ranch and the Frye Place. The Broadview Unit, located south of the Home Ranch outside the small town of Broadview, is comprised of 1,763± deeded acres plus the half section of Sate Land. This unit, which is separated into three pastures, is well watered and is also an easy 5-mile trail from the Home Ranch. No trucking is necessary to either of these pastures.
Schraudner Ranch is conveniently located only 45 minutes from downtown Billings and the Billings International Airport. The Ranch is available for purchase as a whole, or the individual units can be purchased separately.
- The Ranch is self-sufficient, well balanced and well watered.
- Schraudner Home Ranch has been in the same family for over 100 years.
- Three non-contiguous parcels are comprised of 6,904± deeded acres, plus a half section of State ground with the Broadview Grass Unit, for a total of 7,224± acres.
- Available as a whole, or the individual parcels, the Home Ranch, Frye Place or Broadview Grass Unit, can all be purchased separately.
- Modest improvements with 2 homes, barn, equipment storage and several sets of working corrals.
- The Ranch will carry 275± mother cows, 30-50 replacement heifers and 12-15 bulls.
- Excellent production on the Home Ranch dry land hay ground; the Sellers seldom buy hay.
- The Frye Place has a solar well, an artesian well, and year-round Painted Robe Creek running through the property.
- The Frye Place encompasses part of the scenic Bull Mountains offering good big-game hunting, excellent cover, water, abundant feed, and excellent wildlife habitat.
- Easy to trail the cattle from the Home Ranch to the Frye Place or the Broadview Grass Unit.
- Good big-game hunting on the Home Ranch and the Frye Place.
- 45 Minutes to Billings and the Billing International Airport.
- Priced competitively in today’s market.
|Home Ranch||2,422± Deeded Acres||Offering Price $1,895,000|
|Frye Place||2,717± Deeded Acres||Offering Price $2,250,000|
|Broadview Grass Unit||1,763± Deeded Acres plus 320 State Lease Acres||Offering Price $900,000|
|Schraudner Ranch||6,904± plus 320 State Lease Acres7,224± Total Acres||Offering Price $4,900,000|