The 3,487± deeded acres and approximately 320 acres of State Lease land, creating 3,807 total acres, consist of open parks, timberland, and the lush riparian thread of Peterson Creek. There is also a 63-acre Patented Mining Claim in close proximity that is included in the sale of this Property. The views of the Flint Creek Mountain Range and the Continental Divide are unsurpassed. The Property is surrounded on three sides by the Deer Lodge National Forest. Plentiful sources of surface water create an ideal habitat for numerous species of wildlife and livestock. There are four different creeks, including two perennial streams and numerous springs scattered throughout the Property. A calving ground for elk in the spring, the wildlife viewing and hunting opportunities are endless with deer, antelope, moose, bear, upland birds, and waterfowl.
A good system of roads and trails allows accessibility throughout the Property and create multiple options to build a family compound capturing all the amenities that are available. The stock water development, perimeter and cross fencing, abundant timber, and grass resources offer productive grazing and shelter for livestock.
Held in the Vanisko family for over sixty years, Peterson Creek Elk Haven is being offered for sale and is well-priced in today’s accelerating land market. It is difficult to find properties with these qualities in Western Montana priced at $845 per acre.
Peterson Creek Elk Haven can be purchased in conjunction with the adjoining 3,400 acres of O’Donnell Mountain Meadows. Please inquire with the Bozeman Office for additional information.
Helena Regional Airport Authority –Alaska Airlines, Delta, United
Bert Mooney Airport, Butte –Alpine Air Express, Delta
Missoula International Airport –Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, Delta, Frontier, United
For private aircraft, fuel service is available at the Deer Lodge – Powell County Airport located four miles west of Deer Lodge City Center. At an elevation of 4,688 feet, the 5,800-foot asphalt runway is in good condition and can be contacted on CTAF frequency 122.9.
Approximate driving distances from Peterson Creek Elk Haven to other Montana cities and attractions are:
Peterson Creek Elk Haven, as previously described herein, is offered at US $2,915,000 Cash or at Terms acceptable solely at the discretion of the Sellers. The conditions of sale are as follows:
- All offers to purchase or letters of intent must be in writing and accompanied by a wire transfer of 5.00% of the Purchase Price to the escrow account of Stewart Title Company of Missoula, Montana;
- Earnest money deposits will be placed in escrow with Stewart Title Company which will then place the funds with a local bank;
- All Prospective Buyers must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Sellers unquestioned financial capability to purchase the Property prior to scheduling an inspection of the Property;
- The Sellers will provide and pay for a standard owner’s title insurance policy. Any endorsements requested by the Buyer or any lender will be at Buyer’s expense. Title to the real property will be conveyed by a warranty deed;
- All of the water right claims controlled by the Ranch will be transferred to the Buyer at Closing, and 100% of the mineral rights which the Sellers actually own will be conveyed to the Buyer at Closing;
- Buyers’ Brokers are welcome and invited to contact either Michael Swan or David Lowry in our Bozeman Office for information regarding Cooperation Policies;
- Any additional documentation provided to Prospective Buyers and their Agents related to and expanding upon the information contained in this offering brochure may be subject to terms of a Confidentiality Agreement to be signed by the Prospective Buyer and their Agents prior to the delivery of such documentation.
The Sellers reserve the right to effect a tax-deferred exchange for other real property in accordance with provisions in Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Buyer will not be required to incur any additional expenses nor to step into the chain of title on any property which the Seller may acquire.
This entire Offering is subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, change or withdrawal without notice and approval of purchase by the Sellers. Information regarding land classifications, acreages, carrying capacities, crop yields, potential profits, etc., are intended only as general guidelines and have been obtained from sources deemed reliable; however, accuracy is not warranted or guaranteed by the Sellers or Swan Land Company. Prospective Buyers should verify all information to their sole and complete satisfaction.