Lower Sun River Ranch is a productive agricultural operation with cattle working facilities and strong recreation amenities. The 1,411± total acres, including 1,341± deeded acres and 70± State of Montana lease acres, are located 8 miles from the authentic western town of Augusta and about an hour from city amenities and the commercial airport in Great Falls. There are about 160± acres of flood irrigated pasture. The historic ranch compound includes a well-maintained set of working corrals, a barn and Quonset shop that are well designed to run a small cattle operation. An updated calving barn is located on the southeast side of the property.
The Ranch borders approximately 2± miles of the Sun River. The river not only offers fishing for large brown trout, but also provides excellent habitat for deer, upland birds and waterfowl creating exceptional hunting opportunities on the Ranch. A charming gazebo is located along the Sun River in a stand of mature cottonwood trees providing an ideal retreat to picnic and recreate by the river.
The property is held under a conservation easement with the Montana Land Reliance. The easement allows for additional building on an envelope near the current corrals and barn. Please inquire with the Bozeman office for specifics on the easement.
No mineral rights transfer with the property.
The local area is primarily comprised of agricultural operations interspersed with recreational landowners.
Approximate distances to other area cities and towns from the main home of the Lower Sun River Ranch are as follows:
The improvements on the Ranch are modest but functional and well-maintained. The buyer will not be paying for unneeded, tasteless buildings. The improvements include a nice set of working corrals, a barn, and a Quonset which is used as a shop. There is a well-maintained calving barn located near the river. In addition, a charming gazebo is perfectly situated to enjoy cookouts or gatherings with friends and family near the river.
Electricity is provided by Sun River Electric Cooperative based in Fairfield.
There is a 70-acre State of Montana lease, lease number 7993, that adjoins the Ranch boundary.
OFFERING PRICE and CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All offers to purchase or letters of intent must be in writing and accompanied by a wire transfer of 5.0% of the purchase price to the escrow account at First American Title Company of Great Falls;
- Earnest money deposits will be placed in escrow with First American Title Company of Great Falls, which may place the funds with local banks at nominal rates of interest accruing to the benefit of the Buyer until Closing;
- All Prospective Buyers must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Sellers absolute financial capability to purchase the Property prior to scheduling an inspection of the Property;
- The Sellers will provide and pay for a standard owner’s title insurance policy. Any endorsements requested by the Buyer or any lender will be at Buyer’s expense. Title to the real property will be conveyed by a deed;
- All of the water right claims controlled by the Property will be transferred to the Buyer at Closing;
- The mineral rights will be retained by the Seller at Closing;
- Buyers’ Brokers are welcomed and invited to contact Mike Swan in our Bozeman Office for information regarding Cooperation Policies.
TERMS OF INSPECTION