Nye Mountain Retreat offers privacy, spectacular views, access to the adjacent National Forest, and a comfortable home overlooking the Stillwater River Valley. This 2,540 square-foot home sits on 0.18 acres in the desirable Cathedral Mountain Ranch gated community outside Nye, Montana. Hear the rush of the Stillwater River in the valley below, marvel at the peaks of the Absaroka Range as they tower above, hike the trails in the adjacent National Forest, and fish the nearby Stillwater River or the private lakes on the Ranch. Endless adventure awaits in the nearby Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness or simply relax on the deck of your home. With over 240 acres of association common space and a full-time caretaker, the next owner can immediately begin to enjoy the property.
- Recreational retreat in Cathedral Mountain Ranch, a gated community above the Stillwater River;
- Comfortable mountain home features a vaulted great room and open kitchen with spectacular views, a wrap-around deck, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, an additional loft area, downstairs recreation area with bar and patio;
- 240 common acres with stocked lakes, a clubhouse, and a full-time caretaker;
- Association provides road maintenance, community water system, plowing, trash service, clubhouse use, owner RV storage, and lake stocking.
Nye Mountain Retreat is located just 4.7 miles south of Nye in the beautiful Stillwater Valley. Access off of Interstate 90 is south from Columbus on State Highway 78, through Absarokee, to the junction of the Nye Road. The Nye Road, State Highway 419 continues through Fishtail and on another 21 miles to the private gates of Cathedral Mountain Ranch. Cathedral Mountain Ranch Road winds through the Ranch common property to the cabin sites up on the ridge. 10 Outpost Trail, Nye, MT 59061 is the physical address of the property.
The Retreat is approximately an hour-and-a-half to two-hour drive from two commercial airports – Billings and Bozeman, both of which offer good private FBOs. The Billings Logan International Airport provides a variety of commercial carriers as well as national and limited international service through Allegiant, Alaska, Delta, Cape Air, and United to several major cities including Denver, Salt Lake City, Seattle, and Minneapolis as well as others. Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport is approximately two hours from the Ranch providing additional opportunities for airline access through Delta, United, Alaska, Allegiant, America, Frontier, and Jet Blue.
Approximate distances to other Montana cities and points of interest from the Nye Cabin Retreat:
Yellowstone National Park
(via the Beartooth Highway)
Nye Mountain Retreat consists of approximately 0.18 deeded acres of forest ground with spectacular views of the Absaroka Mountains and the Stillwater River Valley. The Retreat is part of Cathedral Mountain Ranch, a private, gated community tucked away in the mountains. The Ranch offers approximately 240 acres of common open space and rolling mountain pastures. The homes are situated around the Ranch to take advantage of the tremendous views and access to mountain recreational activities.
Deeded Acreage & Ranch Amenities
- 0.18± Acres of Deeded Mountain Ground
- 240± Acres of Common Association Ground
- 3 private lakes, two of which are stocked with rainbow trout
- An Association Club House for use by residents
- A full-time Ranch caretaker
- Association Dues provide community water, road maintenance, road plowing, trash service, owner RV storage, weed control, and lake stocking
The area around the Nye Mountain Retreat hosts an exceptional variety of wildlife. It is common to find elk, mule and whitetail deer, black and grizzly bears, wolves, coyotes, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, mountain lions, lynx, marmots, eagles, blue grouse, turkey, and sandhill cranes in the area or on the Ranch itself. Since the Ranch shares a boundary with the Custer National Forest and that forest shares a boundary with the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness, wildlife abounds in the area since overall development is sparse. In the fall, elk can be heard bugling in the nearby forest.
OFFERING PRICE & CONDITIONS OF SALE
Nye Mountain Retreat, as Previously Described Herein, is offered at $299,750. The Conditions of Sale Are as Follows:
- All offers to purchase must be in writing and accompanied by an earnest money deposit check in the amount of 2.00% of the Purchaser’s offering price;
- Each offer is encouraged to be accompanied by a prequalification letter to assist the Sellers and their agents in ascertaining the Purchaser’s financial ability to consummate a purchase;
- Earnest money deposits will be placed in escrow with Stillwater Abstract Company of Columbus, MT which will then place the funds with local banks at nominal rates of interest accruing to the Purchaser’s benefit until Closing;
- The Sellers will provide and pay for an owner’s title insurance policy. Title to the real property will be conveyed by warranty deed;
- All of the mineral rights which the Sellers actually own will be conveyed to the Purchaser at Closing.
- Buyers’ Brokers Are Welcome and Cordially Invited to Contact Stephen Leibinger for Information Regarding Cooperation Policies and Commission Splits.
The Sellers reserve the right to effect a tax-deferred exchange for other real property in accordance with provisions in Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Buyer will not be required to incur any additional expenses nor to step into the chain of title on any property which the Seller may acquire.
This entire Offering is subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, change, or withdrawal without notice and approval of purchase by the Sellers. Information regarding land classifications, acreages, carrying capacities, crop yields, potential profits, hunting districts and regulations, etc., are intended only as general guidelines and have been obtained from sources deemed reliable; however, accuracy is not warranted or guaranteed by the Sellers or Swan Land Company. Prospective Buyers should verify all information to their sole and complete satisfaction.
TERMS OF INSPECTION
A 48-hour notice is requested to make proper arrangements for an inspection of Nye Mountain Retreat.
Swan Land Company has been authorized by the Seller to act as their Exclusive Real Estate Broker on the sale of Nye Mountain Retreat. Since 2002, we have focused on the brokerage of significant ranches, farms, and recreational properties throughout the Rocky Mountain West.
This Offering is based on information believed to be correct; however, it is subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, and change or withdrawal without notice. Information contained herein has been provided by the Sellers or obtained from other sources deemed reliable. The Agent does not, however, guarantee accuracy and recommends that any Prospective Buyer conduct an independent investigation.