Borders National Forest
This solid ranch property near Mink Creek, Idaho is conveniently located about 14 miles outside of Preston. It is the second largest property on East Birch Creek Road and consists of about 465 deeded acres of which 197 acres are classified as crop land. The Ranch includes a small home, classic barn, and shop. Cache National Forest shares a common boundary about 3/4 of a mile. The Ranch, which is perimeter and cross fenced, will run about 30 cows, and produce enough hay for the herd and sell the surplus hay. The property is bisected by the Mink Creek Canal, and Upper Birch Creek Ditch. The ground below the canal is irrigated with three wheel lines and some hand lines via water obtained through irrigation shares with Birch Creek Irrigation Company and Consolidated Irrigation Company. Backing up to Cache National Forest, deer and elk frequent the property, which is located in hunting district #77.
Located in Franklin County
Surrounded by Beautiful Mountain Vistas
465± Deeded Acres
- Conveniently located 3/4 Mile to Mink Creek, 14 Miles to Preston, 125 Miles to Salt Lake City
- Second largest property on East Birch Creek Road
- About 3/4 Mile of Boundary with the Cache National Forest
- Mix of Irrigated Hay Meadows, Highly-Improved Pasture planted in Crested Wheat, & Timber and Mountain Pasture
- 197 Acres of Crop Acres
- Irrigation Water Shares with Birch Creek Irrigation Co. and Consolidated Irrigation Co.
- 3 Wheel-Lines and Hand-Line Irrigation
- Mink Creek Canal bisects the property
- Currently runs about 30 cows year round and produces enough hay to feed the herd and sell extra for some income
- Mostly Perimeter Fenced and Cross Fenced
- 1945 Modest 3-Bedroom, 1-bathroom home
- Solid, well-maintained Gambrel Barn
- Newer Metal Shop with concrete floor
- Hunting Unit #77
- Deer and Elk Frequent the Property
Reduced to $2,200,000
Approximate highway mileages from the Ranch are as follows:
Salt Lake City, Utah
|Irrigated Land below the Canal
Improved Pasture Land
The Ranch includes a small home, classic barn, shop and other outbuildings.
The property also includes 46 shares of water stock in the Consolidated Irrigation Company which equates to about 23 acre-feet of water. This water is drawn from the Mink Creek Canal via a Berkley Pump powered by a Perkins 4-cylinder diesel engine. It pressurizes a mainline that runs below the canal.
Prior to installing the pump and diesel engine, the Seller was able to run two wheel lines with gravity pressure only.
There is another mainline above the canal intended to irrigate the upper acreage.
At one time, prior to the Seller’s ownership, the land above the canal was irrigated. The Seller irrigated only land below the canal via three-wheel lines and some hand lines during his ownership.
The Irrigation Company orchestrates the leasing of excess water, and the Seller regularly leased additional water.
WATER INFORMATION CONTACTS
Bryce Stromberg – Water Master, Consolidated Irrigation Co. 805-588-4292
Phee Crosland – Secretary, Birch Creek Irrigation Co. 208-856-0580
Lynn Jensen – President, Birch Creek Culinary Water 208-852-2354
Property taxes for 2021 were approximately $1,694.00.
The property is identified by assessor parcel numbers:
Deer and elk use the South Canyon drainage to migrate to and from high ground and the forest. South Canyon drainage flows through the west end of the Ranch. Turkeys and grouse also frequent the area. The Ranch is located in hunting district #77.
OFFERING PRICE and CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All offers to purchase or letters of intent must be in writing and accompanied by an earnest money deposit in the amount of $75,000;
- Earnest money deposits will be placed in escrow with First American Title Company of Preston, Idaho;
- All Prospective Buyers must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Seller absolute financial capability to purchase the Ranch prior to scheduling an inspection of the property;
- The Seller will provide and pay for a standard owner’s title insurance policy issued by First American Title Company of Preston, Idaho. Any endorsements requested by the Buyer or any lender will be at Buyer’s expense. Title to the real property will be conveyed by trustees deed;
- Inventory of any personal property will be transferred via a separate Bill of Sale at Closing;
- All of the water rights and irrigation company water shares controlled by the Seller will be transferred to the Buyer at Closing, and all of the mineral rights which the Seller actually owns will be conveyed to the Buyer at Closing;
- Buyers’ Brokers are welcome and invited to contact Sam Sanders in our Salt Lake City Office for information regarding Cooperation Policies.
TERMS OF INSPECTION
Please submit your email to receive access to media downloads.
Sam R. Sanders
ELK RIDGE RANCH
- 13,250 Total
LIVINGSTON PEAK RANCH
- 6,901 Total
OWL CANYON RANCH
- 1,862 Deeded
McGuire Spring Creek Ranch
- 3,843 Deeded